Is your housing only for seniors?
- Our home purchase program has no age restrictions. We work with individuals, families, and households of all ages.
- The low and moderate-income apartment complexes we partner with are a combination of 55+, 62+ and family complexes. Check out our Senior Housing tab to find out more.
How do I get on the waitlist for a rental?
Under our Senior Housing page, you will find the contact information for each apartment complex. You can contact the complex directly to fill out an application and be put on their waitlist.
Purchasing A Home
How can I prepare for purchasing a home from AutumnGold?
- Compare your estimated household income to our Income Guidelines found under the Program Information tab. Confirm you are at or under the income for your household size.
- Get signed up for our waitlist! Complete our online form or contact our office.
- Consider meeting with a Lender to see how you can best prepare to qualify for a home loan. Recommended Lenders can be found on our website under Community Partners or use a Lender of your choosing.
- Check your credit score, a score of 620 or higher is typically required. Take advantage of your annual free credit report and ensure there are no mistakes in your credit data.
What if I have a lower credit score?
- While each buyer’s situation is different. These tips might help you get and keep your score above the 620 threshold.
- Make on time payments on all your bills, credit cards, and other debts.
- Don’t max out credits cards or store cards. Try to use 30% or less of your available credit
- Don’t open new credit cards or take on any new debts.
- Don’t close existing credit cards.
What should I expect if I am put on the waitlist?
- Our waitlist is in order of when each potential buyer completed the online waitlist form, or contact AutumnGold via phone or email to be placed on the waitlist. Wait times to purchase will vary, at this time we estimate 2-3 years. During the time you are on the waitlist, you can expect the occasional notifications from us regarding your status on our waitlist. If at any time you would like your name removed from our waitlist, you can contact us via phone or email to be removed.
What is Section 3?
- Section 3 is a program through which AutumnGold Affordable Housing fosters local economic development, neighborhood economic improvement, and individual self-sufficiency.
- Under Section 3 of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Act of 1968, wherever HUD financial assistance is given for housing or community development, to the greatest extent feasible, economic opportunities will be given to residents and businesses in that area.
- For more information, please visit https://www.hudexchange.info/programs/section-3/
How does a company certify as a Section 3 Business Concern?
- A Section 3 Business Concert meets one of the following criteria.
1. It is at least 51% or more owned by low- or very low-income persons at or below 80% area median income based on individual income limits.
2. Over 75 % of the labor hours performed for the business over the prior three-month period are performed by low- or very low- income persons.
3. It is a business at least 51% owned by current public housing residents or residents who currently live in Section 8- assisted housing